Skip to main content

Howdy-Doo Pumpy-Poo!

Well it's been a while...but I finally received my Animas Ping Pump 4 days ago and I love it!  I will list my loves right now:
1.  My bg stays around the same number for 2-3 hours, amazing!
2.  I like my pink insets and pink skin decor.
3.  It seems that I respond better to the doses than when using MDIs.
4.  I have had a bad cold and haven't experienced the consistant highs that usually go along with that.  I've only had to up my doses a couple times due to stubborn numbers. 
5.  I DO NOT MISS SHOTS!

My fiance finds it sorta funny how I love my new toy.  I haven't seen my bill for it yet, but we'll deal with that when it comes, as for sure I'm not going back to shots any time soon. 

Background:  I go to the International Diabetes Center at Park Nicollet Clinic in MN.  I appreciate the fun, well-informed ladies that work there and the great thing is that many of them are diabetics, so they can share real-life information with you.  I also had a great rep from Animas with us when I was introduced to my pump.  Highly recommended. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Project!

Nothing to do with diabetes here, I just wanted to show the awesome cabinet I found on Craig's List and hope to be picking up tonight!  It'll be my summer project, and Jeff has already said 'you'll never finish it' oh but I will.  We desperately need the storage in our kitchen and there's a big, empty wall that needs something on it too.  Here it is, not lookin' too hot.  The red paint is actually glass in the cabinets.  I'm very excited.  It needs a good re-furbishing...not sure what finish I want it in, any ideas?

Like my new blog?

I've decided to change my blog name, as I find myself talking more about food and gardening than JUST diabetes.  I wanted to have more of a concrete theme that had room for a bigger variety of stories.  I obviously will never be un-diabetic, so it will rear it's ugly head in more than one story I'm sure.  I'm looking to redesign my blog too, so I can better organize it and sort my posts.  Thanks for still following you 6 people, and hopefully there will be more soon!

Time for Tea-Anise Hyssop, Mullein and Chamomile for a Cold

      I created a new website! It has my blog and the herbal products that I'm creating from the home grown herbs and flowers that I grow. Please come on over and follow me at: www.katiebirdsgarden.com     I've been foraging, growing and drying herbs and flowers all summer so I could have a nice variety of herbal tea blends. Well, now that its the third week of school, we all are a bit sniffly with a cold and its the perfect time to try some out!  Today I'm stuffy and sneezy, so I've blended up a cup of chamomile, mullein and anise hyssop. it tastes amazing! I love anise flavoring, or black licorice flavor as some people may reference, so this cup is quite enjoyable.  Mullein leaves are known to have respiratory-supporting and anti-inflammatory traits, so I've included them along with chamomile for its soothing effects, and some anise hyssop, which has cough suppressing properties, and as mentioned, great flavor!  I filled a paper teabag with the ...