Skip to main content

Fresh, Real Eggs.

My neighbor brought over a carton of eggs for us and another couple.  Her son's grandparents have a plethora of chickens laying tons of eggs and gave her a couple dozen to share.  I may place an on-going order!  I had to have one last night, sunny-side up with a piece of toast before I went to bed.  They are soooo good.  And they are big, I'm guessing they'd be considered jumbo size and came in all beautiful shades of brown.  

Some day I'll have my own chooks!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Project!

Nothing to do with diabetes here, I just wanted to show the awesome cabinet I found on Craig's List and hope to be picking up tonight!  It'll be my summer project, and Jeff has already said 'you'll never finish it' oh but I will.  We desperately need the storage in our kitchen and there's a big, empty wall that needs something on it too.  Here it is, not lookin' too hot.  The red paint is actually glass in the cabinets.  I'm very excited.  It needs a good re-furbishing...not sure what finish I want it in, any ideas?

Like my new blog?

I've decided to change my blog name, as I find myself talking more about food and gardening than JUST diabetes.  I wanted to have more of a concrete theme that had room for a bigger variety of stories.  I obviously will never be un-diabetic, so it will rear it's ugly head in more than one story I'm sure.  I'm looking to redesign my blog too, so I can better organize it and sort my posts.  Thanks for still following you 6 people, and hopefully there will be more soon!

Time for Tea-Anise Hyssop, Mullein and Chamomile for a Cold

      I created a new website! It has my blog and the herbal products that I'm creating from the home grown herbs and flowers that I grow. Please come on over and follow me at: www.katiebirdsgarden.com     I've been foraging, growing and drying herbs and flowers all summer so I could have a nice variety of herbal tea blends. Well, now that its the third week of school, we all are a bit sniffly with a cold and its the perfect time to try some out!  Today I'm stuffy and sneezy, so I've blended up a cup of chamomile, mullein and anise hyssop. it tastes amazing! I love anise flavoring, or black licorice flavor as some people may reference, so this cup is quite enjoyable.  Mullein leaves are known to have respiratory-supporting and anti-inflammatory traits, so I've included them along with chamomile for its soothing effects, and some anise hyssop, which has cough suppressing properties, and as mentioned, great flavor!  I filled a paper teabag with the ...