Skip to main content

Sick Cycle Carousel..

Humming the song by Lifehouse...


Heat and humidity are killer on my bloodsugars.  Generally I am low 2x times or more a day when I'm in the heat, sometimes have super low BG numbers, like, ahem, a 35 or low enough where 35 carbs don't do much more than bring it up to 66.  Then the liver kicks in, decides to shoot out some glucose and then I go high, then I bolus to correct that high, then I go low 'cause it's hot or I'm not eating much--'cause it's hot and apparently didn't need so much of a bump.  I'll try better today and tonight.


Makes you dizzy just thinking about it.

Comments

chefski27 said…
Haha, I know how you feel Kate :) Often the same thing happens to me when I'm out in the sun. I guess something about being out in the heat draws more sugar out of some people than others. This is the first time I've seen your blog and I noticed you're on TuDiabetes. So am I, and I also have a blog :D Please check it out if you have time at http://howtodiabetic.blogspot.com

Feel free to say hi any time or add me as a friend on TuDiabetes!

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Project!

Nothing to do with diabetes here, I just wanted to show the awesome cabinet I found on Craig's List and hope to be picking up tonight!  It'll be my summer project, and Jeff has already said 'you'll never finish it' oh but I will.  We desperately need the storage in our kitchen and there's a big, empty wall that needs something on it too.  Here it is, not lookin' too hot.  The red paint is actually glass in the cabinets.  I'm very excited.  It needs a good re-furbishing...not sure what finish I want it in, any ideas?

Hot to the One-Touch

Has anyone noticed that it's damn hot in Minnesota?  My cat Stickee, hogging the fan this morning I've been fighting with my One-Touch Ping meter remote for the past 2 mos.  It had "Ping-ed" out.  The thing didn't seem to read or sense the strips when inserted or when blood was added.  I finally got fed up with swearing and throwing strips around and called One-Touch and they promptly sent me a new one!  Awesome customer service they have.  How nice it is not to waste 3-4 strips per test!  Back on track with my awesome testing schedule.  As for the home front: Too hot to paint right now... The garden is going insane with this humidity and heat!  I have to take pictures this week.  We've been eating snow peas regularly for a couple weeks and I've already harvested my first 1 1/2 cups of garden peas.  I really enjoyed sitting on the stoop shelling them :)  I quick-blanched and froze them.  I'm hopin...

A Low-Carb Bun in This Oven!

So we've made the official announcement, we're going to have a baby boy in January!  Hence the reason I've been MIA lately, besides having my surgery, then going to Flagstaff, AZ for the Labor Day weekend.  But the topic of this post is diabetes-related.  The dreaded insulin resistance in 2nd-3rd trimester has started... In the past 2 weeks I have continually increased my basals at all hours to at least double what they were pre-pregnancy.  My carb ratios have also almost doubled at all times.  Today was the last straw though, I had about 50 carbs for breakfast and actually bolused for 60, just to be safe, and 1 1/2 hours later, a damn 300 blood sugar!!  WTF?  I'm just tired of chasing the numbers...so low carb we will go! My husband has done the Adkins/low carb thing before and liked it because of course, he loves meat.  I'm slightly "meh" about eating meat, etc. all the time, but feel that high protein/low carb to be ...